Pleasurable food education:
skills for learning, skills for life
What is Garden to Table?
- An exciting, integrated and comprehensive programme that helps children understand how to grow, harvest, prepare and share good food
- It builds skills for life through practical, curriculum-integrated and child-centric classes teaching gardening and cooking skills
- Builds awareness of responsibility for the environment, conscious eating and community connectedness
How does Garden to Table work?
- Year 6 team. Every Wednesday morning 9-12.30. ½ class gardens while other ½ prepares food
- Delivered by classroom teachers supported by Specialist Garden and Kitchen
- We have a school garden behind room 19, and prepare & share food in the inquiry space / kitchen
- Hands-on, fun sessions –children learn through doing
- Opportunity for volunteer engagement. Contact [email protected]
Where to next?
- Opportunities to develop in other year levels
- Share our learning https://www.torbay.school.nz/garden-to-table/
- Engage the community by supporting on Wednesday mornings and/or other times
- Build up our resources and equipment by donation PLEASE CLICK HERE if you can donate and support the programme.