Pleasurable food education:
skills for learning, skills for life
What is Garden to Table?
- An exciting, integrated and comprehensive programme that helps children understand how to grow, harvest, prepare and share good food
- It builds skills for life through highly practical, curriculum-integrated and child-centric classes teaching gardening and cooking skills
- Provides NZ Curriculum-linked activities that allow authentic integration of Garden to Table into classroom-based learning
- Builds awareness of responsibility for the environment, conscious eating and community connectedness
How does Garden to Table work?
- Year 6 team with input from other year levels term 3 onwards. Every Wednesday morning 9-12.30
- Delivered by classroom teachers supported by Specialist Garden and Kitchen once a week
- We have a school garden behind room 19, and prepare & share food in the inquiry space / kitchen
- Hands-on, fun sessions –children learn through doing
- Wider curriculum is linked into Garden to Table lessons
- Opportunity for volunteer engagement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com