Situated on Auckland’s North Shore, Torbay School overlooks Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf. The school is close to all amenities including shopping malls, parks, local businesses, transport and beautiful beaches.
Educating children from Year 1 to Year 6, we are committed to academic excellence through an integrated curriculum that challenges and motivates students to realise their full potential.
The North Shore is a prime location for families with young children. To find out more about studying in New Zealand please visit Education New Zealand
Torbay School’s ERO Report
Classrooms in the School are a combination of a single cell nature (1 teacher to 1 class) and FLE’s (Flexible Learning Environments). Class programmes are designed to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum Guidelines which all New Zealand schools are required to follow. This includes instruction in the seven essential learning areas: English, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Arts, Technology and Health & Physical Education.
Torbay offers a wide range of extra opportunities to students throughout the school year. Our EOTC (Education Outside the Classroom) is comprehensive including camps, Waterwise ( Where senior students learn to sail). Students can take part in a wide range of sport, musical and cultural opportunities.
Students will be given an orientation on their first day of school. Orientation will include:
- An introduction to the key personal in the school.
- An introduction to key Administrative staff and International Student liaison personnel.
- Orientation so they are able to locate buildings etc they may need to use.
- Introduction to the students’ Torbay School classroom,students and teacher.
- Set up with a buddy to support them during their school day.
- Advice on school activities, including sports and music.
- Students are mainstreamed in our general classes.
- Specialised English support programmes are provided by trained ESOL staff.
- Support meetings for parents in your home language.
- Inclusive welcoming learning environments.