“Ko ngā pae tawhiti whāia kia tata, ko ngā pae tata, whakamaua kia tina.”
“The potential for tomorrow depends on what we do today.”
- To work alongside expert teachers to extend students who excel in te Reo.
- Our Kapa haka coordinator, to provide opportunities for the roopu to perform at festivals, powhiri, school events the use of basic te reo Māori, waiata and Tikanga in a range of situations.
- To teach from level 1 of the curriculum and stepping into level 2 as we are able to. Te Reo Māori in English – medium schools.
- To use Wai Ako to incorporate te Reo into daily use in the classroom as much as possible. https://www.waiako.com/
- To use the approach of tuakana/teina to assist student led learning across the school through Wai Ako.
- To recognise that teachers too are learners in this process.
- To ensure that Māori culture is valued in our school and that Māori children succeed as Māori.
- To develop an environment that reflects our culture.
- Languages are also vehicles of culture.
- Through language we can understand and respect the values and culture of people.
- The belief about the well-being of te reo Māori – that the more we learn and speak it the more it will flourish.
Check out our learning in the Education Gazette