Good communication from school to parents and also from parents to school is vital in a successful relationship between home and school. Clear communication helps inform and engage. Current clear consistent information helps everyone feel connected and confident. This will help you know how the school operates and what is going on in the school.
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for checking edge parent portal any changes to contact details, including emergency contacts please contact the school office to update these.
- Parents and caregivers can access school and staff contact information through the school office, website, and newsletter.
- We use a range of methods to communicate general information with parents and our school community including the school website, regular newsletters, Seesaw, and information meetings.
- If the school has concerns about a student’s welfare or behaviour, we will contact parents. This will be done via email or phone call.
- All communication about students learning, behaviour etc to be done via email or phone call
- We protect the privacy of our students and their families in our communications as appropriate.
- Parents are asked to contact the school if their child will be absent or late that day. This can be done by phoning the school 09 473 8603 ext 1 and leaving a message on our voice mail, emailing email@example.com or reporting an absence via our website on the home page.
- Seesaw is used to share learning and classroom reminders only. Please use email to contact classroom teachers
- In the event of an emergency, the school contacts parents and caregivers when it can, using the available communication options. Phone, Email and Seesaw
- If the school must close due to extreme weather or a local emergency, parents are contacted through available communication options. Email and Seesaw
- We notify parents if their child suffers a moderate or notifiable injury, or any head or spinal injury. The office will call the emergency contact. Please make sure all contact details are up to date.
Reporting to Parents
Communicating with parents about their child’s progress and achievement is an important part of school life. Reporting methods include Seesaw, Learning Conversations, written reports, and informal conversations.
Policies and Procedures
Our suite of Policies are held on the School Docs website and all parents have access to them. Policies regularly come up for review and those relevant to parents are opened up for your input. You will be sent an email indicating the policies that are currently open for review and instructions on how to go about this. We encourage you to visit our school docs – Policies and Procedures website and welcome your comments and feedback.
You will require a username and password. Username: Torbay Password: Torbay2019
Don’t forget that this promo closes tomorrow at midnight, so order now on KINDO (our online shop) to avoid disappointment.